Your Life on Your Terms sounds great, but what does that actually mean? It means that you have the freedom to set your own expectations, your own values and the freedom to decide who will be a part of your life. Let’s break that down further.
As we travel this road of life, those around us set expectations for how they feel we should behave, respond and perform. Our parents set boundaries on what they feel are appropriate behaviours; don’t talk back, do your homework, keep your room clean. These are all fairly standard expectations and they are truly beneficial to us as adults. There are skills that are taught within these guidelines that help prepare us for the road ahead. These are the expectations that we strive to achieve and live up to.
However; there are also expectations that we unknowingly live down to. If your parents struggled to live pay-check to pay-check, you will grow up believing that this is how life is supposed to be. You will also make assessments about relationships based on the relationship between your parents. Children of divorce are more likely to get divorced, children of abuse, are more likely to have abusive relationships. It is admirable to have love and respect for a single mom who worked two or three jobs at a time to keep a roof over your head, and you are more likely to develop this work ethic along with the belief that you must work this way just to make ends meet.
We also adopt our parents values. Values are a set of Core Beliefs that help you to structure the world you live in. Negative values develop when people live in fear, judgement, insecurity or are forced to focus on survival.
- A belief that the world is a fundamentally brutal place and that only the strong survive.
- A belief that people are powerless to change their personal situations.
- A belief that you don’t deserve good things or relationships in life.
- A belief that others are untrustworthy and unloving.
- A belief that life is meaningless.
Most of the above values, if they are in your family, have actually been there for generations and no longer serve us.
Positive Core Values:
- Respect – to be respectful toward myself & others; to be polite, be considerate and show positive regard.
- Honesty – to be honest, truthful & sincere with myself & others.
- Kindness – to be kind, compassionate, considerate, nurturing or caring toward myself & others.
- Reciprocity – to build relationships in which there is a fair balance of give & take.
- Gratitude – to be grateful for and appreciative of the positive aspects of myself, others and life.
If you would like to assess your own core values, please join our Members Lounge for a FREE worksheet that you can work through on your own.
Surround Yourself with Good People
The world of Psychology believes in a Bio-Psycho-Social approach to mental health.
- Bio – the biological aspect is how you fuel your body. Eating good, healthy food helps you to feel good & healthy. Food high in sugar and fats and that are highly processed leave us feeling lethargic, depressed and unmotivated.
- Psycho – the psychological side deals with brain chemistry, hormone levels and genetics. Bio-molecular Psychology believes that your body has the power to heal itself when it is fueled properly.
- Social – “you are who you associate with” The people around you help you decide your worth. Surround yourself with good, honest people. Find people who inspire you to do more, be more & expect more of yourself.
Your Life on Your Terms
Therefore, learning to live Your Life on Your Terms means you have the power to create the life you deserve to live. You have the power to choose what you stand for (your values), you have the power to decide who will walk your path with you, and you have the power to set the expectations you require to be happy, productive and live a truly vibrant life.
Good question!! The how is really quite simple. We all have a story, a story of shame, heartbreak and disappointment. This story quite often will dictate how we move forward with our lives. It will create a vision for us of what to expect – love hurts, relationships are scary, money is scarce.
The truth is true love does not hurt, it heals, relationships built on mutual love & respect help us to nurture our sense of self and money is abundant and available to anyone who wants to reach out & grab it!!
All we need to do is re-frame the story you have rolling through your head. We will look at the skills your life has taught you and we will learn to use them in a positive way to help you move forward.
Soon, you will find yourself waking up happy, eager to start the day. You will no longer have that feeling of fear or dread. Anxiety will dissipate, depression will naturally subside. You will have a full circle of people you can count on; who encourage, support & inspire you. You will no longer tolerate negativity and will actively seek out positive experiences that bring you joy. Your family dynamics will improve, your finances will improve, your career will be successful and love will be all around you!!
The biggest change you will find is that you will no longer care what others think of you. You will fully understand that everyone has opinions and they are none of your business!! Your only job is to focus on how YOU feel about YOU!!
Take the leap. Do this for you! Get started TODAY!!
This has been an incredible year as a Coach!! I have been witness to massive transformation with my clients truly learning to live Your Life on Your Terms!! I only have 2 openings available before this decade runs out!! With the New Decade, comes a new pricing structure and all of my Coaching Packages will increase by 20%. If you’ve been considering making an investment in your future, stop procrastinating!! Save yourself time, energy & money by getting a head of the crowd!! Schedule your consultation this week or complete the form below & I’ll contact you!!! Let’s end this Decade better than it began and make sure the next Decade is exactly what we desire & deserve!!
Change Your Life Today!!
Expect Miracles, Andrea